Monday, September 21, 2009

Who rocks the house? Morgannwg rocks the house!

Here is what I have been doing for the last few days:

1) watch you, me and dupre on friday. It was pretty funny

2) Ate the worst meal so far. I personally think the food is not as bad as everyone else seems to think. Because there is always salad and stuff. But even I have a problem with something resembling 'mystery-meat' in my vegetarian meal.

3) Went to Cardiff on Saturday. Due to some problem with the trian our 40 min journey became a 90 min bus ride. Nevertheless we (a small group made up up of first years froma mixture of houses) made it to Cardiff in one peice (I spent most of the bus ride fearing for my life because of the narrow streets). We spent the day looking for various things we had forgotten (it is apparently impossible to buy refill paper that you do not have to rip out of a book) and just wandering around the shopping area in Cardiff. For lunch we took the advice of our second years and went to a chinese food place called 'china china'. It was sooo good. And then we hopped on our bus where we met up with a bunch of other AC students from my house and almost completely took over the bus. Unfortunatley I forgot my camera so I don't have photos :(

4) watched a bit of little Britain on Saturday night

5) Went to St. Donat's church on the campus of the school. It is really old and beautiful. I love it.
And they had a welcome lunch for all the first year students which was really nice. Especially becuase it allowed me to meet some of the other students (there were about 10 of us) and some of the congregation.

6) played Basketball Saunday afternoon. and... MORGANNWG WON SPORTS WEEK. I think we get a house meal or something but I don't know

7) Sunday night was 'British National evening'. All of the people who live in the UK got together and preformed. Some of it was really strange but it was really funny! It involved: pregnant welsh teens, lots of swearing, mugging, 'happy-slapping', a lesson in Scottich lingo, some folk songs, the spice girls, the beatles, cross-dressed guys, construction workers, sheep, many jokes made by the welsh, scottish and Irish at the expense of the British, and handcuffs, admists other things

8) Homework. Lucky me

It was a pretty great first weekend

1 comment:

  1. now that is an eventful week!
    homework was 8th on the list...are you slacking over there? :)
    you are missed!

    ReplyDelete