Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And away I go

Here are some photos of the last week or so in my life.

this door is for you Emily and Rachael.
It reminded me of the blue door from cornerstone. I would steal it for you but I am pretty sure that one of the teachers lives on the other side so.. probably not a good idea. You will have to survive with just a photo


A Narnian lamppost

Me beside one of the AC flags along the path to the castle.
They may be nice flags but they are super annoying because they squeak when they are blown by the wind

This door actually works! With my service we organize an activity for the kids we work with called attack the castle. We lower the door and throw water balloons at them and they have to try and open it or climb over with ladders and then take us prisoners (I have yet to actually do this but am quite excited for it)
Here is the dining hall.
I get to eat here three times a day!

On Saturday we were finally allowed to leave the college grounds and so a crowd of us walked the 2 miles to Llantwit (the nearby town) to look around and get stuff that we forgot. This is a view from the road we were on down to the ocean

These are two other girls from my house. Sarah (Ile of Man) is on the right and Nora (norway) is on the left

This is the nice welcome sign into Llantwit. Notice the convoluted and completely unphonetic welsh under the English
Here are some more people from my house. We were waiting outside for a few more people after raiding the grocery store.
Last Saturday the 2nd years threw a party for the 1 st years. Basically they showed embarrassing photos of us that they had taken in the first two weeks, impersonated us and gave presentations about how each service is better than all the other ones. After the show we had a dance (Sosh) that was themed 'gangster'. So here are some of the girls all dressed up!
From the Right:Nora (norway), Lin (Denmark), Sarah (Ile of Man), Maria (Spain), Laura (U.S.A.), Tilda (Scotland).


Because there are 43 of us in my house and there were only about 5 plates and 6 mugs in our kitchen our house parents decided it would be good toget some more plates. However we also have the problem that people eat food, and then rush off somewhere more important/exciting and leave their dirty plate sitting in the dayroom. To remedy this problem, we all painted our own plates and mugs and put our names on them. This way we all have something to eat and drink with and if we don't clean people know...and put the dirty stuff in your bed!
Here is my masterpeice with some of my strawberrys (look mommy I am eating good food)

Every Sunday evening we cleanour house and our rooms. This is my clean/organized closet.
I meant to have this photo right way up but it didn't work and due to the slow computers it wuold take too long to fix. If you are confused the shoes on the left are supposed to be the bottom of the photo.
On Monday evening after we had finished our service a gaggle of girls in my house and I watched Across the universe (which I really enjoyed). We all lay/sat down in one of the doors, hauled out various boxes of cereal and goodies we had hidden in our rooms and chilled. In the photo Lin (denmark) and I are expressing our love for both cereal and the movie...and no homework

Here is Tilda and Nora who were also watching the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie
    Loved the photos of the village and surrounds of your school. Many spots waiting to be filled with memorie and friends.
    So I see French triumphed over Spanish - you'll ROCK that class, I just know it.
    Praying for you!
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete