Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Canadians strike again... with a little love

At 6:30 this morning I woke up to Katherine (my Canadian second year from North Delta) voice in my ear.
'waaaake uuuuup'

I squinted up at her as my brain tried to comprehened what was going on.
Had I over slept?
What time was it?
Where was I?
My brain was a little slow.

After a few seconds I remembered:
I was in my bed at AC and it was the last week of codes.

'Get up' whispered Katherine.
I, rather zombie-like, sat up and grudgingly slid out from my warm covers.
'Grab a coat and some shoes'
I did as I was told and was promptly blind-folded.

For the next twenty minutes I was lead all over campus: my eyes covered and my hands spread out in front of me in an attempt to walk into as few solid objects as possible.
Katherine guided me to two other houses where she picked up more Canadian first years and eventually we all congregated (and yes Katie, we congregated... not conjugated) with the rest of our national group on main drive (at least I am pretty sure it was main drive.)
After being led in a long line in circles we were ushered into Sunley house and into the day room.

Here they let us take off our blindfolds, and lo and behold, there was breakfast waiting for us!

Our second years had been up early in the morning to make it all ready. There were pancakes and maple syrup (two necessities for a proper Canadian breakfast), fruit salad, juice and yogurt.
It was delicious!
We talked and ate and listened to some Arrogant worms.
It was a wonderful morning.

Thank you to my Canadian Second years!

No comments:

Post a Comment