Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Canadians have struck

At approximately 9:30 last night my prank-free streak died.
On returning to my room from the day room, I met one of my Canadian second years (Danielle - from Alberta) who greeted me with a large grin:
"You are a good Canadian first year, aren't you?" she inquired.

And of course I am.

Which explains why this morning I left my house wearing the outfit she had so loving left with last night:
A cowboy hat, Canada tattoos on my face, a plaid shirt and chaps. proper chaps.
She is from Alberta. Need I say more?
I was given orders to wear said outfit all until after meals.

As well I was given this small speech to read in the dining hall at my choice of meal :

"A little something about our national animal:
We are the beaver! We're furry and we're free - yes we are the beaver, we got two big front teeth. Ya we are the beaver. We can chew through small trees. You might think a rodent is a pretty lame choice for a national animal but don't you listen to that voice. For all those birds and predators, take from the land, but the beaver, always gives a dam!"

I preformed it at breakfast to thunderous applause.

And while I may look silly today I am not the only one.
To be honest I have relatively nice second years.
Some second years made their first years jump into the outdoor pool.
And some people have been woken up in the middle of the night.
Other people have returned to their dorms to find that the entire contents of their corners have been swapped with someone in a different dorm.

So oddly enough, thank you second years. Thank you ver much.

No comments:

Post a Comment