Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Atlantic College Blues

First off, my laptop is broken which means that I cannot take any photos off of my camera to share with you which is a shame because I want to prove to you all that it actually can be sunny in Wales! For the past three days we have had glorious sun shine. As a result people have poured out of their houses to work outside. Shorts and sunglasses have been dusted off, and a few people have even managed to get a sun burn.

On another note, the intern teachers from the Netherlands who have have been here for the past three months are leaving tomorrow, which is very sad.
They both attend the church on campus where I also go, and so today after the service we all went to the home of one of the members of the congregation to eat lunch together and say goodbye. And as we had a theme of goodbyes, Bob (who's house we were at) wrote a song and sang it with the interns to also say goodbye to the second years (which is a bit early but he will not be here when they actually leave).
The words are as follows:

I woke up this morning, the blues all around my bed
I woke up this morning,m the blues all around my bed.
I went into breakfast, those blues were in my bread...

Chorus:
I've got the blues, the Atlantic College blues;
I've got the blues, the Atlantic College blue...
'Cos I'm going away now and that's gotta be bad news.

So it's goodbye to Dani, goodbye to Kash and Bubo
Farewell Mensimah, be careful how you go
You're leaving AC soon and everyone you know...
chorus

Goodbye to Neil, Nick Lush and Tristian
Goodbye to Lodewijk, to ken and all the gang
Goodbye to all my teachers, I love 'em to a man...
Chorus

No more sleepless nights, no EE to write tonight
No assignments to finish before the dawn's new light,
No double codes now to give me such a fright...
chorus

No more early classes with just my pyjamas to wear,
No furred up tongue and scruffy unbrushed hair;
I'll get up at mid-day and my momma won't care...
Chorus

But Atlantic College, you surely changed my life;
I'm pretty sure you've identified my future wife!
But I'll go into the world now bringing peace instead of strife...
Chorus

You taught me what it means to accept my fellow men (and girls)
I'm speaking every language, I think it's nine or ten -
These friends will stay within me, until we all meet up again...
Chorus

Goodbye to Whitaker, Gwynedd, Tice and P.K.,
Goodbye to Sunley, Morgannwg, and Powys OK
We had a lot of fun there and we'll be back again some day!
chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment