Monday, September 27, 2010

The Threat of Silence


On Saturday I was lucky enough to see a play called "The Threat of Silence" which was directed by a friend's mom.

It is impossible to properly describe it because there was no plot.
It wasn't even really a 'play'. It was more of a thought provoking performance which combined, music, movement and text.
It was very open to interpretation and it was the type of show where different thoughts are provoked in everyone.
I was mesmerised by the images of lush forests and the haunting cello music, and although I can't exactly describe what 'emotions' it made me feel, I really enjoyed it.
Here are a few reviews:
I am not usually a fan of things like 'modern art' or 'interpretive dance'.
But something about the calmness and the undemanding nature of the performance was wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment