Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sing your heart out

This term one of my activities is the tour choir (which is quite tragically not doing a tour this year). Chris Davies, one of the music teachers here, directs us twice a week for an hour and a half.

Although the choir had a bit of a rocky start (concerning half the choir being kicked out/quitting) it is pretty fun. And even though I don't particularily enjoy the song choices, it is really nice to just sing for a little while every week.

And this past week was 'music focus week' during which there were various activities to do with the history of music or random seranades of people during meals. As a part of this focus week the choir had a small concert. We sang through about five or six of the songs we have finished so far, and I think it went pretty well.

I asked someone to record it with my camera and here is the result (unfortuantely due to the slow computers I can't see the video on my computer... and consequently cannot tell what the song is...)

p.s. I am in the second row, second person on the right :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell what song it is either. Not even sure if it's in English. I thought I heard the word "love" a few times... And are those MALE voices?! In KEY?! Very lovely arrangement, whatever it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty arrangement, though I am with Katie b/c I can't recognize the piece either.

    ReplyDelete