Monday, August 30, 2010

Camp Leader and the beginning of codes

The last week whizzed by at an incredibly high speed.

The first years arrived on Saturday, my house left on sunday for camp, I went to camp on Tuesday night, my house left camp on Wednesday evening, and then I stayed at camp (with the other half of the first years) until Sunday and then today (monday) codes (classes) started.
And soon it will be September!
It is blowing my mind.

Camp, for those of you who do not know what I am rambling about, is part of induction for the first years. Basically half the firsties go at a time and they sleep in a cold barn (this year they were lucky and had blow up mattresses... unlike the army cots I got to sleep on) and surf and hike and play silly games and sing ridiculous songs for three days. It is amazing!
I, being a camp leader, was able to go to one of the camps and help out.

It was amazing! I got to know some of the first years and also talked with some second years that I didn't know very well.
It was chilly but we had sun two of the days which meant that I was able to sit on the beach for a while and nap in the sun when I was not cooking or cleaning or planning songs.

I think I danced more at camp than I did in the entire last year! and I sang an incredible amount of 'repeat after me' songs.

I will try to put up some of my photos of camp this week.


So overall I have had a good last week before classes start.
And the icing on the cake, was Sunday night.

On Sunday night I was lucky enough to watch.... the globe theatre on tour preform 'A comedy of errors' on a lawn in front of my castle. It was incredible.
I truly love watching Shakespeare preformed, and the globe theatre does an amazing job.
I laughed and cheered and went away thinking that there couldn't possible have been a better end to my summer.

And even though I have a math test on friday and have EE and IA deadlines up the wazoo and even though I don't feel like I will ever have enough time to both hang out with friends and get to know the first years, I am feeling very happy.
I had an amazing summer and am having an amazing school year.

How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment