Monday, February 15, 2010

Prom

Saturday was Prom.
And no, I don't know why it is called that because it was for both years and was in February.

Everyone dressed up and waltzed down to the dining hall where we had a 'special dinner' (which was basically normal dinner eaten at tables that had table clothes and center pieces, and yummy heart shortbread for dessert)
We then went into the Bradenstoke Hall, which had chairs and pillows and there was a concert (the musicians at this school are very talented so it was really good).
Then I, along with a group of girls, went up to the history department where someone had set up a projector and screen and watched 500 days of summer (which a great movie).
And then there was dancing. And although I am not much of a dancer I went for a little while. We then retired to my house and baked Brownies.
So all in all it was a lovely evening.

Sarah (Isle of Man) and Hannah (Sunny California) looking beautiful:
Hannah and I:

Sarah and I (and someone [possibly Becky] hurrying to get ready in the background)
Sheila (Uganda) and I (again)
Now, there was a fair amount of drama around campus preceding prom due to the subject of 'dates'. To begin with the ratio of guys to girls is 2:3, so it would work perfectly to begin with. And then not everyone goes, and so the number of potential dates drops again. And then once the asking begins it can be rather silly.
So in my house a group of seven of us (Laura, Iris, Tilda, Lynn, Nora, Sarah and I) plus Hannah (from Sunley house) all went with one guy.
He was the charlie to us angels.
Here is Victor and two of his dates:
Trying to be serious and charlie's angel-esque and failing
Looking serious
Me and my roomie
Hannah and Leah - the California babes:
The North Americans
A few more girls came over to say hi
Rockin' the dance floor
Groovin'
and finally chilling in the old staff common room - Hannah, Tilda (scotland) and Laura (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment