Monday, February 8, 2010

Haiti

On Saturday a group of students from my school trekked over to a neighbouring town, Cowbridge, and raised money for Haiti.
We went in three waves (9-12, 12-3, 3-6). I went in the middle group.
We all dressed up in our fashionable high visibility vests and poured into the main road armed with buckets and signs.
It was a beautiful day and the street was pretty busy.
People were generous and, although I don't know how much money we have raised yet, I do know that my bucket was very heavy (and I may have pulled a muscle in my arm from holding it for three hours).
Here is my shift:
We were excited!

And me:
Snowdrops have sprouted all across campus, sprinkling the lawns with the sign of an impending spring!




1 comment:

  1. Super! Our schools here are also involved. Every bit helps!.

    ReplyDelete