Sunday, October 11, 2009

when the sun shines we'll shine together

Hello everyone!
I have a nice long post today with tons of photos. Yesterday we had some really nice weather so I took advantage of it with some other girls from my house and we went down to the seafront to relax and absorb some vitamin D.
Unfortuantely the editing on the computers here is really finicky and so my photos are sort of in a strange order (they are backwards to what I intended) but regardless here we go!
First I have a sand message for you all:

Here are some of the Vans that have been parked outside of our castle all week for the filming (and Lynn [Denmark]). It is pretty cool because whenever I walk past I look inside and there are people making fake spears and swords and stuff! And the other day a group of men dressed up as viking/warrior people walked past my math room!

Here are some of the props for the movie that I walked past on my way to do laundry.
This is one of the beast statues in the beast garden. I think they are all supposed to be different animals but it is difficult to tell what some of them are meant to be

Here is the beast garden. All of the beasts are looking in a different direction and there is a legend that if you stand in the spot where none of them are looking at you at midnight, you will disappear!
This is a really random bench I saw that I thought was really cute!
These guys are behind the above bench and I had to take a picture because they reminded me of the rabbits in Rachael's garden

Here is the entrance to the beast garden (and Tilda [scotland]) and beyond it you can see a bit of the tennis courts where my field hockey practices are currently held.

We went romping in the leaves:
All was well until I got a leaf in my hair:

We found these marks on the beach and you can't really tell from the photo but they are huge! almost as big as a hand print. They look like a bird...but I can't imagine that there is a bird that big....
Me lying on the ground soaking up the sun

Tilda thought it woudl be a good idea to step on me!
We tried to get a photo of me clicking my heels but it was never timed quite right so instead i just a bunch of photos of me looking silly:

Dancing the day away

Morgannwg girls' love

Summer [Jamaica], Maria [Spain] and I:

We climbed up the rock cliffs but it was sort of gross and slimy..
Lynn, Maria, Summer and me in front of the cliffs
Walking along the beach

The beautiful Maria

Lynn and I chilling on the rocks

The mighty Tilda

Me!..again

This is the outdoor pool. The indoor pool in in the building on the right
Summer and Maria

The view of the castle from the beach front. The building along the bottom of the photo is called the 'EMC barracks'. Kids who come for the EMC program (my service) can stay in the rooms in the building

Lynn sticking her head out the wall at the sea front

A view of the coastline. So beautiful!

The kayaks and canoes and sailboats that EMC uses (which means I get to use them :) )

The wall at the seafront (to protect us from vikings!)

On friday night a bunch of the first year girls went to the globe lounge and sat around on the pillows and ate cookies and ice cream and drank tea. It was really nice. We had some nice girl talk and played 'I have never' and laughed. Because we had such a good time we agreed that if someone had minimal homework or just need some girl time they would send an e-mail to the school with a code and whoever was able, would go to the globe lounge that night. I can't wait for our next get together!


And here is the Laundry room!

Here is Lynn infront of the wonderful (well... not really wonderful) washing machines

And these are the dryers. And on the side of the photo are the racks where you put laundry that is in either a washing machine or dryer that is finished. This way if you want to use a machine and it is done but there is still stuff in it, you can move the laundry to the racks and when the owner comes they just have to look for where you put their stuff

And that is the end.
I haven't really done anything else exciting this past week. Except on Saturday morning I went with about 40 other people to an elementary school in Llantwit and painted a big fence. It was pretty fun except I got blue paint all over my hands and it took forever to get it off (actually I still have blue on my arms).
Happy thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! The coast looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see you and some of your school friends and in such gorgeous scenery! Thanks for this Jess! Hope you had a great time with your Dad. I know he was really looking forward to it and your mom and Megs weren't too impressed that they weren't going to be there!!

    ReplyDelete