Friday, February 18, 2011

Photography

Every term I have to officially join two activities (and can do as many as I want unofficially).
This term I am working in the library and - more excitingly - doing photography.

So far, I am loving photography. A woman from outside the college comes and for two hours we do a mixture of theoretical and practical learning. Usually, we do some theory at the beginning and then are given a small task and are set loose to do it.
We have been looking at the basics like: aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
And then working on how to adjust them depending on what type of photo we are taking: moving object, portrait, lights in a dark room etc.

Here are a few of the photos I have taken so far:
Light streaks

Long shutter speed, with a flash every 5 seconds

Light graffiti

abstract

working on depth of field

No comments:

Post a Comment