Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas

Yesterday it snowed!
And it wasn't just little rain drops that look more white than clear.
There were proper crystal flakes of joy falling from the sky!

For the past week I have been feeling a little glum for a number of reasons:
1) the amount of work I have to do
2) Lindsay left for Mexico
3) It has been snowing at home and I was missing it

But then suddenly yesterday, everything was alright!
I have realised that snow does to me what catnip does to a cat.

It was a glorious afternoon of throwing snow balls and catching flakes in my mouth (when I wasn't in class of course)

And for some people it was the first time they had ever seen it snow before which made it all the more exciting.

Here is the main drive transformed into a winter wonderland

Ollie is a crazy welsh first year in my house who felt the need to prove his manliness by running outside without a shirt.
However I don't think he was so excited about getting hit in the stomach by a snowball

Snowball fights are integral to appreciating the freshly fallen frozen water

It was so beautiful!

Francis (england) and I running from the flying snowballs
What a cutie!


and me in my beautiful tuque... which I left on the bus this morning :(
the coolest igloo ever which was made by my houseparents kids

1 comment:

  1. That IS the coolest igloo ever! Love your photos - looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete