Thursday, November 25, 2010

Good news in Tanzania

I received some wonderful news yesterday about the orphanage that I worked in over the summer:
11 students graduated!

This is really good news because the year before none of the students were able to pass their examinations and continue in their education.
I don't know if they will be able to have the funds to continue at another school, but having this level of education will greatly benefit them.
Click here to see a video of the students and of the school.

I really enjoyed watching it because I was able to see the students I met and made friends with!
Congrats to all of them :)

1 comment:

  1. Jessica
    The video brought tears to my eyes. I know you were so impacted by the need for a good education for the students that you became friends with this summer. What a celebration to have 11 graduate this year. It is a reminder how privileged we are and inspiring to never take our education for granted.
    mom

    ReplyDelete