Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Delegates please settle down

I Apologise for the delayed post but I seemed to have too much to do and less time to do it in.

I have some exciting news for this upcoming weekend:

1) my daddy is coming to see me for dinner on Friday! (yaaaaay)

2) We are having ACMUN (Atlantic College Model United Nations).
There are about 130 people participating in five different committees:
  1. Security council (situation in Iraq),
  2. Economic and Social council (Lessons learnt from the economic crisis),
  3. Human Rights Council (Political Oppression in Iran & Climate change Refugees),
  4. Historic committee (Establishment of the state of Israel),
  5. AC Affairs (Dictatorship or Democracy: Student representation at Atlantic College & Potential college profit-making opportunities) [this one is clearly unique to the school but we are hoping it will be a useful forum for students to discuss issues that matter to us].
I am chairing (moderating) the security council with a German second year, but an a bit nervous because I have never chaired before. However, I have hopes that the debate will be interesting and lively (especially considering the amount of Americas amoung the delegates)
Wish me luck!

ATLANTIC COLLEGE
MODEL UNITED NATIONS
2010
29.-31.01.2010

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie - chair!
    What fun! Hope it all turns out OK~ reminds me of your model UN here in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete