Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Party

Saturday was the annual house Christmas party.
It is one of my favourite events of the year because:
1) I love Christmas
2) I love my house
So it is a pretty wonderful combination.

In the morning I battled the prickles and collected a bag of holly. Then, in the afternoon we went to library (yes, my house is the coolest on campus and thus we get the best location for our party) and decorated.
Fast forward a few hours and everyone in my house emerged from the bathrooms (where they were making themselves look presentable) and gather in the day room.


The girls choose half of a Christmas card from a basket, the boys choose half of a Christmas card from the other basket and then we have to find who 'completes' our card and they are your date!Then we all walk down to the castle with our dates.



This year my date was Federico (Luxembourg) who is a second year in my house. We aren't the closest, so it was really nice to talk with him for the evening.



The two Quebecois first years in my house (Penelope and Julyen) were Christmas dates which I thought was quite cute:


Donald (Sierra Leone) and I


Helen and Lai Keer (china/Denmark) played us some music.


Earlier in the week each dorm had been given some gingerbread, icing sugar and candy and had to make a house. It was so much fun, and some people were quite creative.
If you look at the house that is in the middle(ish) of this table that looks like it has collapsed - it hasn't. It was actually the house of the three little pigs after it was blown down (and is complete with three little pigs suntanning).
My dorm made the house at the very bottom of the photo, with the swirls on the roof.... It wasn't really that good, but is was tons of fun to make and eat.
During the Christmas party all of our tutors inspected the houses and then gave out awards.

My dorm. I love my dorm so much!!

After the meal and gingerbread house competition was over someone turned on some music and we all started dancing... on the tables. It was awesome.

All the first years in my house

All of the second years. Aren't we a good looking bunch?
Overall it was a wonderful evening!
I am excited to go home, but I will miss my house over the Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment